Search This Blog

Thursday, March 25, 2010

You wanna do what?!? HAHAHA

Chris is awesome
Chris is awesome
Chris is awesome 

   So,
       Been looking around for green screen material. While there is information out there and some you tube videos. It is not easy to get a handle on price ranges. 

   I went out and reviewed Jupiter broadcasting to see if they had any tips, and all I saw was a $700 camcorder. But they do have a contact number. After stuttering about, I ask them thier setup. A few hours later - that awesome chris sent me a texted with 4 videos he had created. 

    And boy was I out of my league. Way, way out. I was wanting to stay around $300 total for a small setup. Now I see that will not even get me in the door. 
   $700 for camera
    $999 for green screen back drop
    $200 for 2 difusing lights
    $500 for basic video editing software
    $100 for microphone 
    $??? For sound mixer
    $700 for HD converter box 
     $$$$$ for computer to run it

   Next, depression set in. 2 dev blogs popped up and I just wanted to walk away. But I read/edited them outloud to put my wife asleep. 

  Something happen to the editing and the video is off. Just noticed it again on my second go around.  

   The jist of this story is - I doubt very seriously I will ever get my anchorman podcast off the ground. 

Still, there was a $150 software bundle with a cheap green screen. $100 for a webcam.  $50 for a mic. That might be doable. Just to see how it looks. Nothing of quality. Just experimental. 

The dream lives on. 
-Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment