Search This Blog

Thursday, March 11, 2010

A.D.D. + Rage Quit = a good mining op

Hehe. I had alot of things on my mind. Now that I am actually writing, I can't think of any. 

First off, congrats to Kirith and Ms. Kirith on a healthy #3. Glad to hear everyone is doing well. 

  Did I ever mention my A.D.D.?  Was diagnoised with one as a child. I find that I overcompensate often and only do one thing at a time. But there are ALOT of unfinished projects at home that say differently.  

That being said, this is a game blog mainly - so I  did some research on the U'K being NRDS. Well I googled trying to find a list of NRDS systems. I ended up on the eve online forums. A wealth of misinformation!  It seems to me that no one has a real clue as to what Upper Management wants out of providence. But it does put me in a quandry of firing on potential Carebear neutral people ( I can't say friendly ). 

 At the same time, I finally got around to listening to Unknown Eve podcast. Really good in my opinion. The CEO is trying to get the others involved in the podcast, but so far with little effect.  They kind of have a Darth Hater feel to it with 3 or 4 people on. Except everyone at DH wants to talk. Unkown Eve is still finding itself. They are wormhole pirates. Which I do not care for, but they will talk about failures of them or thier victims with thoughtfulness. Not at all mean about it, which I am grateful for. 

   Wow that was a tangent. Getting back onto my original thought. Listening to Unknown Eve sparked me to think about day trips into WH class 1 again. 

   That meant parking my bomber in Amarr space, and jumping back home. 

   Grabbed my covert scanning ship and started fumbling around. Why yes I have watch CCPs video. And yes I have watched 3 other scanning videos. Skills? Check! Astro at 5 the other 3 skills at 3 ( or 2 can't remember ). Covert ops - check. So it should be a sinch right?  Everyone talks like it is about 30 seconds and your done. For me it was more like 15 minutes. I was starting to worry since I was getting down to the lowest resolution. 

   I warp to the Wormhole entrance and it is not a K162. I was suprised, and since I'm in a cloaky thing I went on through. Wahoo no gate camp. Directional scanner showed moons ( a bunch ) and planets but no tower. Threw the probe out and no 100% hits. Just 6 scanables. Sigh. 

  This is when my RL friend pops up a convo to say hi. He was been a mission runner, but mainly a 0.0 dweller working for various corps. I thought he had written off Eve, but he assured me he was committed up to the end of April. 

  He was bored and I complained about the WH I just found. (yep tears and all ) Being the friend that he is, he decided to come over and help scan. Did I mention my abilty to scan?  Mine - not my character. But he needed to make a run to Jita. -shudders-  Lots of gankers around Jita. He grabs a few secure containers and heads on out. I went back to my comfort zone.  Yep a mining op with 2 characters on 1 computer.  If I stop writing, you know when my laptop finally says NO. 

Hour later he finishes up his Jita run (750 mil,  he is buying dinner ). And heads to my " quiet neck of the woods ". Next words are Suicide Gank.  They popped him.  But the bastards got secure cans. - how do you like them apples! Needless to say he was a little distraught. I think it was in Balle. Which is right next to me. But Balle is next door to a very active and large pirate faction. To top it all off he was having a rough week in real life. 

So I guess the moral to this story is if you are getting hammer in real life. Don't think Eve will care. It is a heartless world out there. 

Last note. Next day he sent me a text appologizing for the rage quit. Seems to me that it was justifiable. Well quitting for the night atleast.  Some nights it's better to quit when your behind.   

  If you ever need a rock to eat ******, look me up. Nothing helps get a PvP'r in the mood to kill something then a mining op in high sec. :)

1 comment:

  1. Aye it was a tough loss... however I'm back at it =) "If at first you don't fall flat on your face, soon you will, don't doubt it" See ya in game mate

    ReplyDelete