Search This Blog

Monday, March 8, 2010

Darwin award

"Hahaha. You clumsy pilot."
                        - my nav com

   Last night I had the 3 grandkids while my wife went out to relieve some stress. After dinner, I herded them into the living room and threw in the  Barnyard movie. 

Since I was missing the Pyrite component of bombs. I also made a mining op while watching the movie.  Filled up the cargo hold and ore hold on the Orca. It was enough to make the bombs.  

    After the movie it was the girls bedtime.  Came back and made my bombs.    Only took 8 minutes. At that point is when my brain went south. 

 I grabbed my bombs flew to the main hub and got in my bomber. Next I put the 3 bomb launchers on the manticore.   And tried again, and again. The error message was pretty long so it took me a few tries to read the Doh! part. So with 1 bomb launcher, 4 bombs, 15 torps with launcher, afterburner, webifier, and 2 warp stabs. + covert cloak; off I went 21 jumps to Kari. Got about halfway there and realized it was time for bed. 

    On the way to work, sweating the massive gate camp that I expect to be there, it hit me that even though I made another level in cloning. I never bought one. So I am flying to my doom with a full implanted clone. 

   That right Mr .Darwin, I would like my award now.  It's back to the drawing board and cloning up.

   That will help me anyway, I have been debating on the torpedos and webifier anyway. With the range hit I get from 2 warp stabs, all it would really mean is that I will lose them without firing a shot when my ship blows up ( my bet is I don't make out of the gate camp )

-Jason    

No comments:

Post a Comment