Search This Blog

Friday, March 12, 2010

6 hours of work for 10 minutes of show

When Fly Reckless with Chad came out and he requested audio submissions, I responded with reading the Tyrannis dev blog.  Well I downloaded Audacity then took the plunge.

  I believe it was Tyrannis that had the graphs. Or pictures, and I tried to describe them. I kept thinking it would be great if you could see them. I keep thinking about the quarterly economic report - that has lots of pictures and charts. 

    From doing that I went a step further and decided to try podcasting. Since it's just me and I am not privy to special knowledge about anything, I decided to just pick up on the dev blogs. 

Well I am not really wanting just an audio blog. I want a video blog. So during work :) I looked around the web and found a free ap. Got home - downloaded it, and turned out to be horrible. I spent another hour surfing and found a basic package that  I wanted for free. 

  I did a test going cradle (audacity) to grave (watching it on my iPhone). And it worked like a charm. It even ran movies. 

 next baby step 

  I created the intro clip - and man it is awesome. The rest might suck, but that clip is great. Went ahead and made the ending also. It is good, but not like the intro.

   I am 2 recordings behind on my podcast so I went ahead an audacitied the voice of install of singularity. Now like all things I made some design mistakes that I have learned from. But it took me roughly 6 hours to record, edit, and load 10 minutes worth of podcast. Ouch!!  

     This morning I started the last podcast I promised myself. The unedited voice is 35 minutes long and I still have roughly 20 minutes left. My guess is that it will be 35 to 40 minutes long when I am done. 

   After that who knows, but atleast it has video now. 

   This morning I went to work and I thought I synced my phone up with iTunes. But my video is not here. Hope that doesn't mean it is non-loadable like STOked is. 

-Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment