Search This Blog

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Yet, another scanning blog

Hehe, 
   I have developed a routine where I write my thoughts in the morning while I am doing computer maintenance.  (computer does all the hard lifting).   But this morning I get onto capsuleer and start reading blog posts. The computer is almost done and I just realized I forgot to spit out my random thought. 

  Inside the game of eve, It always seemed to me that the people who blog are rich. They talk about the last billion isk they have. So, let me be clear. I'm broke. I will probably always be broke. I want to spend a whole more then I make. 

   I had just mined roughly 8 hours total to get up to 66 mil isk. Not a gripe, just stating that I have less than 100 mil. It is a choice to mine high sec while watching tv with the wife.   Anyway, I was still thinking of my friend who made 400 mil in 3 hours vice my 8 hours of 60 mil. So I decided to try again my hand at sleepers, again

 I bought 2 battlecruisers. A drake and a prophecy. Fitted them with my spare parts ( I had 2800 widowmaker heavy missles laying around) and went out. 

    Did I mention I bomb at scanning. Not really my character, but me. On board scanner showed nothing so I threw out a 32 AU probe and got 2 rat hang outs and 5 faint signatures. I have never really fought in a non drone boat well before. But I decided to try my hand with the drake. It was supprising simple. I goofed around for awhile with fittings and stuff. Killed both sites, but didn't loot anything. 

Since then I have dropped a missle rack and picked up a salvager. Now it is 6 missle racks, 1 salvager, and 1 probe launcher. Not the best I know, but it is a utility option.

   Went back to scanning, and spent 30 minutes with nothing to show for it.  This morning before eve closed on me I had a 15 minute window. I was able to scan down a serpentis hideout with 45 sec left of game time. Hope it is still there when I get back. 

   Overall it was enjoyable playing with the drake. 

-Jason   

No comments:

Post a Comment