Search This Blog

Friday, April 16, 2010

Level Cap, commision, and Noir.


Funny how yesterday I didn't really have a story, and today so many ideas are going around that I will miss some. 

First I hit level cap in STO (Star Trek Online) yesterday. And I thought for todays' title being "why STO is better then EVE" would stir people up. The thing that STO has going for it is the quick turn around of missions. I can grab a 3 part mission and do one part in less the 30 minutes. And if I want to wait a week or two that is fine. In Eve, they also have missions, but you have no idea if the one coming up is 15 minutes or 6 hours. And you get a penalty to the reward if you don't complete them NOW. Overall adding to the stress. Where as STO has a more relaxed pace. 

All that said. I should get commision on getting people to try Eve. I have gotten 3 people into eve and 2 more to look into it. I met a guy in the STO guild's vent chat yesterday. After a few minutes of chat, I mention about bouncing from eve to sto. He wanted to know more about Eve, since he had heard of it. He likes Pvp and spaceships. And he likes to think about new ways to fight - hmmmm sounds like the perfect null sec pilot to me. I talked about how skills work and how every ship in game is important. He said he would look into it. 

Something I recommend anyone either thinking about Eve or talking to people about Eve - have them listen to Podded podcasts. Storytime with Dillion is a great way to get people motivated into playing Eve.

 Here is a link :   http://poddedpodcast.com/

Final thought. Noir. is taking over a portion of Providence. They want to form their own citizens wing. The ol' play in 0.0 space rised up briefly. But I quickly beat it back down. 

Will probably read that article for the podcasts. 
-Jason 

No comments:

Post a Comment