Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Just a lay over - Planetary Interaction



Yep, failed at Planetary Interaction and it isnt even released yet.

I wanted to see what the new graphics looked like and just spend 30 minutes goofing around.

First, was another download. Hour later, I pop back in to my Widow (yeah SiSi), and look around for my little factory. It is gone. So I run over next door and get 2 Planetary Control Commands (PCCs). Run out to a local planet and find that I have temperate PCCs and it was an Ice planet. No Temperates in system, so back to Adiere.

Last planet I found a temperate... yeah team! Get there, cloak, and go into planetary mode.

This time I noticed that My ship interface is gone. hold on... let me take some pics.

ooppss. got distracted with the 100 isk prices. Decided to look at an Abaddon and try to fit it.

Found that CCP gives you 5 of each type of PCC expect Temperate... I chose Storm - cause its cool ;)

I grabbed a few photos. Nothing no one hasn't seen before. But I do have a question.

here I am going cloaky in a HUGE ship....


ooo, you might not see me. But how can you miss a floating barn in space?

Big thing here is notice the normal GUI. It has the familiar selction of Shield/armor/structure. Plus Capacitor indication.

Now here - (next slide please)


Here you can see it is completely gone. Now while this is on SiSi and can be modified at any time. It does lead to speculation. Will you be attacked while in Planetary Mode. I can imagine that the pirates will cry foul if their helpless prey cant be hit while in PI. But even in this short little encounter with the planet... It takes time, thought, and energy to get a setup. To not know if you are being pounded upon.. that can be scary. Even if you are removed from Eve proper. What happens when you exit planet mode and their is 4 pirates off you port bow. Do you get the 10 seconds of cloaky? will be intresting.

A few other tidbits.

By the way you have to click on the submit button before you can do anything else. I know this seems like it is idiot-proof. But never underestimate the power of an idiot. I'm not going to tell you how I know.

You also have the extractor

There are now multiple selections for extractors. This is where the planet scanning would help. But today it seem to say "Sorry Charlie" (for those youngsters... that is a commercial catch phrase). Still they do look sweet. I just wish I could zoom in even further.

and last, but way not least is the factory.

You can now choose lots of different schematics for various items.

Well I hope you have a good day, and I will see you tomorrow.
-Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment