Search This Blog

Monday, April 12, 2010

Sorry Star


Had a few thoughts and now they are gone.....


My good friend and former CEO who I turned traitor to and set up my own Corp ( turned out to be a mistake ), has come back for awhile. He is working on R$D faction - and I need my alt to get into that. 

   That meant jumping around trying to get to him as he moved. By the time I got there I only had 15 or so minutes left.  But that was enough time for a mission. And once again it was proven to me - playing the game with others is more fun the soloing.  It's a shocker I know. 

   Get home a few hours later and was hoping to run a few more missions with my friend. But he wasn't on - ooooo Star Defender was hey hey!!  I have a few questions for him, sweet!!  

So I open convo with a " hello are you busy ".  Since I have no idea what type of storm he is in. And I wait, and I wait, I go get dinner, and I wait, I eat dinner, and I wait. Ok no problem he is either afk - hope he is safe. Sleeper killing - don't need the distraction. Or defending himself - definetly doesnt need the distraction.

Well few minutes after I close the convo he shows up. And he remembers me, that is the amazing part. I started my rambling of hello. Never quite got to my question and he had another visitor. Unwelcome visitor. 

  While he is away I find a wormhole myself..,.  Have I mention my scanning skills.? Or lack there of?  It's a class 3(boo). But I pop in to see a tengu and a Thanatos ratting. I open up local with a comment about carriers being overkill ( I thougt it was funny ). But no response. About 3 minutes later I tell them they have a high sec opening to Bereye which is 2 jumps from Ourselant. 

  By this time Star defender has lost his main and alt to vandals.  That is right I called you vandals!  He has the story on his site. 
----------------------:)------------>
I offer my help. He wiesly says no. It's not that I am going to gank him or turn traitor to him. It is more like I will be all Gilligan ( Gilligan Isle ) in a fight then anything else.  Only not so funny. 

So I wish him the best. 

  I was wanting to talk to him about creating a FAQ sheet on his blog. So I can reference it when I ask the same question I had 10 months ago. 

  Also I have been playing around with a drake. I got the resists to 80/84/87/90. But that was 2 inv fields, each type of shield hardners (4 total) and a damage control. All T2. But after listening to the drone bay - where they mention about a drake with ECM. I want to try that route. So I threw off my shield hardners. That drop my resists to 60/63/71/80. I was curious if that was good enough or plain suicide. Obviously Star Defender was a little busy. This morning I ran a level 2 mission - weak I know, but it was close by - and with 12 to 15 frigates flying around 4 ecms doesn't really do a whole lot. 

   Plan K - I drop 2 ecms and put in a shield booster with a boost to the booster. And my Cap cried foul.... Sigh. To get cap stable again I had to drop the 2 ballistic contol units (t2) and pick up 3 power inverters. 
   
    Tried to finish the mission  - but forgot about the 2nd room. Then I ran out of time this morning. So it will have to wait till tonight. 

-Jason 

No comments:

Post a Comment