Search This Blog

Sunday, May 30, 2010

PI: Mr Roboto


I'm pretty sure this will be my last Planetary Interaction post for a couple if weeks while I wait for my skills to catch up on the Elite Command Center. 

If your real lucky it will also be my last post, but I doubt it. 

 A wise man would shut up now, since to really cover today's subject I need to be in front of my computer. So let me continue...

During my small time on SiSi I would just roam planets scout and throw extractors where ever. While this was fun, it is not a good idea if you want to really do something. 

  You need a plan.  The best way is to look at what your end product you want to make then go backward. 

    Right now I am sure there are smart brainiacs working feverishly on Excel to bring all the schematics to life. So far I haven't found them yet. If you think I'll do that - your insane. 

   What I did do was bounce around different processors and look at what they will make. So lesson one. 

   Not all planets are created equal. 

   The processors on certain planets will make an item, that no one else can. So not only do you need Elite CC for the power grid, you need to find the right planet to make stuff on. 

    Case in point : Robotics. You will need robotics for Pos fuel and T2 production.  Robotics comes from advance processors not high tech (ie you cannot get the highest and work to lower schematics) to make robotics you need XXXX ( meaning I don't remember) and mechanical parts.

 To make mechanical parts, you need blah blah blah ( nope, drawing a blank )     To make blah blah blah, you need something somthing and nobel metals. Nobel metals can be found on Plasma Planets ( very rare ) or Barren planets. And on Barren Planets, they are the least resourceful of the 5 listed. 

  So demand for robotics will be twice as high as the rest, but it's base items are one of the least populated in high sec. Hence - demand. This means if you don't care about PI at all 

1) you stop reading a long time ago 
2) all you need to do is find a barren planet throw down an extractor on the Nobel Metals and sell them when you get around to it. Cause there will be a market. 

  it also might impact the PoS fuel market and T2 ship market pretty strongly. 

  Already CCP has stumbled and cut off the PoS fuel prematurely and then brought it back.  So you know where this is headed. 

  I do appologize for not having all this stuff memorized, but if you want me to expand / expound on the schematics drop me a line. 
-Jason 

No comments:

Post a Comment