Search This Blog

Saturday, May 29, 2010

PI: Captain Obvious


Side note : as expected you can use Function keys when in planet mode. 

I am starting to rationalize the PI slider.   

There are 2 small triangles on the slider. 1 on each side of the color bar. The left one is to the minimum and the right - maximum. 

   My belief is that it is similiar to Gain on an amplifier.  Since I am in Empire space the minerals are not as abundant. Hence I can increase the gain to show me where the highest minerals are. But if I was to go to Low or Null sec then my settings would be oversaturated and everything would be white. 

That is why the video they move the slider to just showing red, while I chose to just start white. 

Same topic. Different note. 

  Worked on remote sensing. First off I had a parts run 4 jumps over. So I set my mode to planet and made the jumps while my view stayed the same. This does make docking painful, but the jumps are nice. If you did this style for a long time. Might need to add stations to an overview tab - to help with docking. 

   As far as how to remote view other system planets while sitting in stations , I  found a way but it is a bit convoluted. 

   I opened the star map. On the solar system tab, you just move the cursor to isolate the planet then click on planet mode. Fairly straight forward approach. 
 
   For far remote viewing, I went to the star map tab and right clicked a star. I didn't find planet mode. But I did finally use a very old feature. Show system in side browser ( sorry I can't remember the name they call it). Anyway, it is the one where it gives you 4 windows. Top being the universe, next is the region, next is the constellation, last being the solar system. When you right click on a planet in the solar system, it will give all the moons, belts, and the planet. Going over the planet will give you the planet mode option. 

 Now  came my next roadblock. You can scan with in your Remote Sensing skill range. The planet I really wanted to see was 5.22 LY away. And my range (currently) is 5 LY. 

   One last note: while I was looking around I went to the building tab in planet mode and hovered over the command stuctures. Elite said I didn't have Command Center upgrade to 5 (yet), advance - 4, improved - 3, standard -2. All these are true (right now). But the intresting thing was when I goto limited. It tells me I don't have the command center in my cargo hold. Which made me wonder, if I have a CC in my hold and remote sensor into my range. Would the computer let me drop a CC on a planet far away?

  My guess is No. Eve uses a linear denail system. In that once I meet one condition then the next road block will pop up. So that if I get a CC in my cargo hold, then it will say something like you are not in range. 

    But if it doesn't,  that would be awesome. 
-Jason 

No comments:

Post a Comment