Search This Blog

Friday, May 28, 2010

PI : Did I mention my scanning ability?


It seems my ability to scan wormholes has migrated into my ability to scan planets. 

  cause I just don't get it. Yeah I watch the CCP video 3 times. And yes I have remote sensing at 3. Understanding thermal graphs : check. 

  Its the slider I am lost on. 

  You pop up a planet, click scan and select the largest bar (since it has the most resources). Makes sense so far. The planet goes thermal. And it has low resolution, now here is my deal. If you take the slider and move it all the way to the left - the planet goes white (for the most part). What I was doing was moving it all the way until the white just started to appear. Then thought that was the hotest and there for the best concentration. But I have no idea if that is true. 

On the subject of remote sensing. The skill talks about scanning planets up to 9 light years away. That is a long distance. I have yet to see something in a solar system measured in LY. Much less 9. Which leads me to wonder can I scan planets in other solar systems. And even more importantly, how?

  As for planetology and advance planetology,  what do they really do?  The attibutes tell me they are rank 4 and the memory/chrisma. But not how they effect anything. 

Either way, I'm still training to level 5. 
-Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment