Search This Blog

Monday, June 21, 2010

NPE


Well in making the 3rd account, I got try out the new player experience. 

  (Old man voice) "Back in my day, ( hobble hobble) we didn't have all those high fluletin fancy Blueprints! (shake my cane). All those choices of carEer paths. BAH!!  We were given a stick and bail of wire and told to make our own Titans. I remember I had to walk to nearest jumpgate in the snow!!! Up Station!!!  BOTH WAYS!!!!!  You young wipper snappers have it too easy!"

-cough-  umm hurts my throat. 

Overall it was ok, I did rush through how to turn my ship. I was suprised at how painful it was to kill a rookie pirate with a civilian Gatling laser. 

   I was given a few Blueprinter missions. But as far as I could tell I had no clue where to go. (assuming I was new). The first couple lead me fairly well. But the last one I had to get some Isogen and it never told me I needed to find a 0.6 or 0.5 sec space and what asteroids to look for. 

  For me it wasn't a problem, but if I was a new player not committed to the game. Well it is possible I could have rage quit 2 hours into the game. And I didn't even get ganked. 

  Also I lost connection. So when I got back on, the tutorial kept trying to get me to redo everything I had done to begin with. At one point it would even let me warp unless I turned it off. 

  Sad
-Jason 

No comments:

Post a Comment