Search This Blog

Thursday, June 3, 2010

It's not paranoia, if they really are out to get me


You know what is worse then being a noob. 

  Being a paranoid noob.

  I got the 2 recon ships fitted and skilled to fly. I sent one approx. 200 km off the station where my carrier is. And the other one I found what looks like a quiet spot (this is eve. Quiet is relative) in my jump range. 

   Now the last ship I lost was when leaving my carrier. I saw a Moros and atleast 4 battleships. There is roughly 25 people in system. 

   And I have never done this cyno before. Personally I would rather not lose my carrier. 

    It is my understanding that if I get a point on me, I can't cyno jump. There fore I was fitting it with my low slots full of stabilizers. 

   What I am hoping for is (10 minutes before eve closes)

1)  have all 3 ships ready. Carrier, the station observer, and the cyno. 
2) fleet up
3) pop cyno
4) undock
5) I have no idea, but I am hoping to right click on the cyno guy and spam jump. 
6) pray it works

  What annoys me the most is my belief that CCP should atleast be able to tell me how to do this. It's annoying trying to work out the mechanics of how to jump in a pirate system. 

  next time remember : Buyer beware ( no wonder the guy put the carrier on the market)

-Jason 

1 comment:

  1. I would change the order a bit.
    1) have all 3 ships ready. Carrier, the station observer, and the cyno.
    2) fleet up
    3) click undock carrier
    4) pop cyno while carrier undocking as you can't jump until the 30 second session timer for undocking is done
    5) Right click on cyno pilot's name in fleet and choose jump.
    6) Enjoy sight of station that you jumped beside, all safe and snug. Dock up after session timer done.

    Also, don't use a Recon to pop the cyno. Cheap T1 frigate is better since you might get popped by locals and a recon is very expensive.

    ReplyDelete