Search This Blog

Monday, June 7, 2010

And the idiot award goes to....


On behalf of all the idiots out there, I would like to accept this award. 

Decided to actually move the carrier yesterday. Grinding missions is just grinding me down. I need some ore. 

  As my last couple of posts lead you to believe I am clueless (shocker I know) on how capitals move. Well, that is not entirely true. I understand the basics. I guess it is more accurate to say I do not have personal knowledge of the mechanic. 

  Anyways, when I get up in the morning and finish the whole shower/dress thing I have 15 minutes before Eve logs for it's daily downtime. Great!  That should give me plenty of time. 

Log in, and move the scout and the cyno to position ( I kept them log in high sec for my peace of mind). 4 minutes left. Log into my main and shed the Domi I was in. 3 minutes. Pause training ( boy I could blog about that hassle) and jump! 

Error - it appears I already have a jump clone here. I made one a long time ago I never used. 

2 min 30 sec - ok. Dock at the other station.  Undock, warp, (soooo slow) redock. 48 seconds left. Well phoey. I log off all 3 in the right spots. 


Did you catch my mistake?   It's pretty obvious. 

I'll give some time. 


That's right. 


  So I am at work, doing the work thing. Going over the whole moving the carrier thing. Looking at it from different angles to make sure............

 Oh noes!!!!!!! In my rush to get pod from the station to the other, then seeing there wasn't enought slack time,I called it quits. WITHOUT TURNING MY TRAINING BACK ON!  Major DOH!

  So there went approx 10 hours of training. 

Hello, my name is Jason.  And I'm an idiot. 


Idiot update. 

This morning I go again. Now everyone is prepositioned, I get ready. 7 minutes left. And there sits a Sabre off my carrier stations bow. Now I am 101% positive that the sabre could not chew through my shields/armor.  But it wasn't the game plan. 

   Sabre finally got bored, and I jumped. ( yes I remembered to turn training back on) I click undock and pop the cyno. 

Error - you cyno requires fuels. 

    What?!??!  Remember when Kirith recommended to use a t1 frigate/cruiser.  Well I went out and bought one. Then moved all the stuff to the cruiser. Then chanced my mind and move " everything " back to the cyno ship. 

    So it's my mortal enemy's fault. He made recomendation knowing I would be an idiot and forget the fuel. 

End of the story : I ran back grab the fuel. Got back and the sabre was back floating around station. Bastard finally left at 2 minute mark.  Undock, lit cyno, and spam jump you bastard. 

  carrier is now in a few low density zone. So those people living in Aeschee - have a wonderful life. I have no plans to go back. 

-Jason
      
  

1 comment:

  1. LOL! More than once I forgot cyno fuel in my early days.

    ReplyDelete