Search This Blog

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Why do you even play this game?!?!

A long time ago I was diagnose with ADD.  This of course relates to the alt-i-Tess I would get playing MMOs. Or the new shiny syndrome I have in eve. 

Since I abhor PvP, I am always curious why I play a game devoted to PvP. 

I believe that Eve is really just that complex. The game is a crafters wet dream. Unlike every other game I played or have heard about - everything I make in eve is not worse the what drops off a raid boss. 

So I am in it for the acquisition of stuff. 

I am also a goal oriented person. When I drive in real life, I have to have a destination. I can't just drive for the fun. 

So I think I will put down some of the long term goals today.  And see how long before ADD creeps back in. 

Acinom - finish Planetary Management to 5 then get all scanning skills to 5

Hearld - get research development to 5 plus the mechanical engineering to 5

Eisenguarde - learning to 4s and then hulk to level 5. ( all the subskills to go with that )

Overall goal is to produce an orca from mining to subsystems to final product. My guess is that is 2 years off. But it's something to strive for. 

Of course no mining for next 2 weeks
-Jason 

No comments:

Post a Comment